Nestled in the lap of nature, Ananthagiri is a serene and picturesque destination located in the heart of the Eastern Ghats, just a stone’s throw away from the famous Araku Valley in Andhra Pradesh. This quaint hill station offers a perfect blend of lush greenery, misty hills, and a tranquil atmosphere, making it an ideal getaway for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts alike.
Ananthagiri Hills is a small hill station located in the Eastern Ghats of Andhra Pradesh. It is about 17 kilometers from Araku Valley and 112 kilometers from Visakhapatnam. The hills are known for their scenic beauty, lush greenery, and coffee plantations.
Natural Beauty and Breathtaking Views:
Ananthagiri is renowned for its untouched natural beauty and stunning vistas. The lush forests, meandering streams, and cascading waterfalls create a captivating landscape that is a treat for the senses. The hills surrounding the area are covered with dense vegetation, providing a cool and refreshing environment that is a welcome escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Trekking and Outdoor Adventures:
For those seeking an adrenaline rush, Ananthagiri offers several trekking trails that lead you through the mesmerizing terrain. The trails vary in difficulty, catering to both beginners and experienced trekkers. The popular trek to the Ananthagiri Hills rewards adventurers with panoramic views of the surrounding valleys and a sense of accomplishment.
Ancient Temples and Cultural Heritage:
Ananthagiri is also home to ancient temples that hold a significant place in the region’s cultural heritage. The Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Temple, dedicated to Lord Vishnu, is a revered pilgrimage site. The temple’s architectural marvel and spiritual aura make it a must-visit for devotees and history enthusiasts.
Coffee Plantations and Aromatic Gardens:
Ananthagiri is renowned for its lush coffee plantations and aromatic gardens. The cool climate and rich soil provide an ideal setting for cultivating coffee beans and a variety of herbs and spices. Visitors can take guided tours of these plantations, learn about the cultivation process, and even indulge in freshly brewed coffee that is a true delight for the senses.
Peaceful Retreat and Relaxation:
Ananthagiri offers a serene and peaceful ambiance that is perfect for unwinding and rejuvenating the mind and soul. The gentle rustling of leaves, the melodious chirping of birds, and the crisp mountain air create an atmosphere of tranquility that is rare to find in bustling city life.
Ananthagiri is easily accessible from nearby cities like Visakhapatnam and Araku Valley. The well-maintained roads and scenic routes make the journey to Ananthagiri a delightful experience in itself.
Things to Do in Ananthagiri
There are many things to do in Ananthagiri, including:
- Visit the Ananthagiri Waterfalls: The Ananthagiri Waterfalls are a popular tourist destination. The waterfalls are located about 3 kilometers from the main road.
- Hike to the Ananthagiri View Point: The Ananthagiri View Point offers stunning views of the surrounding hills and valleys. The hike to the viewpoint is about 2 kilometers long.
- Visit the Ananthagiri Coffee Plantations: Ananthagiri is home to many coffee plantations. You can take a tour of a coffee plantation and learn about how coffee is grown and processed.
- Visit the Borra Caves: The Borra Caves are located about 20 kilometers from Ananthagiri. The caves are a popular tourist destination and are known for their stalagmites and stalactites.
- Relax at a Resort: There are several resorts in Ananthagiri where you can relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
When to Visit Ananthagiri
The best time to visit Ananthagiri is during the spring (March-May) or autumn (September-November). The weather is pleasant during these times and the hills are lush and green.
How to Reach Ananthagiri
Ananthagiri is well connected by road. You can take a bus or a car from Visakhapatnam or Araku Valley to reach Ananthagiri.
Tips for Visiting Ananthagiri
- Wear comfortable shoes as there is a lot of walking involved.
- Carry sunscreen and a hat as the weather can be hot during the day.
- Bring a camera to capture the beautiful scenery.
- Be sure to try the local coffee!
Ananthagiri, with its natural beauty, outdoor adventures, cultural heritage, and serene ambiance, offers a truly unique and fulfilling travel experience. Whether you’re seeking a peaceful retreat, an opportunity to connect with nature, or an adventurous getaway, Ananthagiri is a destination that promises to leave you with cherished memories and a sense of rejuvenation.